asked the Chancellor of the. Exchequer whether he is now in a position to give the names of the persons constituting the Committee which is to inquire into the method of making Treasury grants to local authorities?
The Committee will be constituted as follows:
- The right hon. Lord Meston, K.C.S.I., LL.D., Chairman.
- The right hon. Member for Widnes (Mr. A. Henderson).
- The hon. and gallant Member for Uxbridge (Colonel Peel).
- The hon. Member for Central Edinburgh (Mr. W. Graham).
- The hon. Member for Carmarthen (Mr. Hinds).
- The hon. Member for North-East Derbyshire (Mr. Holmes).
- The hon. Member for Linlithgow (Mr. Kidd).
- Sir Harry Haward.
Can the hon. Gentleman tell us when this Committee is likely to report?
I am afraid I could not do that.