asked the Home Secretary the names of those members, other than the chairmen, who now serve on the Advisory Committees?
Membership of the Advisory Committees appointed under Regulation 18B of the Defence (General) Regulations, 1939:
Advisory Committee for persons resident in England and Wales at the time of detention.
- Mr. Justice Birkett (Chairman).
- A. W. Cockburn, Esq., K.C.
- J. W. Morris, Esq., K.C., M.C.
- R. O'Sullivan, Esq., K.C. Additional Chairmen.
- G. H. Stuart Bunning, Esq., O.B.E.
- The Rt. Hon. Sir George Russell Clerk, G.C.M.G., C.B.
- Mrs. A. W. Cockburn.
- Mrs. Eveline Lowe.
- Miss Violet Markham, C.H.
- Geoffrey W. Russell, Esq.
- Oswald Scott, Esq., D.S.O.
- William Stott, Esq.
Advisory Committee for persons resident in Scotland at the time of detention.
- The Rt. Hon. Lord Jamieson (Chairman).
- William Elger, Esq., J.P.
- Sir John Lorne MacLeod, G.B.E.
Advisory Committee for Anglo-Italians resident in Scotland at the time of detention.
- J. L. Clyde, Esq., K.C. (Chairman).
- Lieut.-Colonel, The Hon. Arthur Murray, C.M.G., D.S.O.
- Mrs. Marion M. Martin.