Skip to main content

Ex-Service Vehicles (Permits)

Volume 414: debated on Monday 22 October 1945

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

asked the Minister of War Transport what conditions an applicant has to fulfil in order to obtain a permit to acquire a surplus Service vehicle.

Regional Transport Commissioners issue permits to acquire ex-Service goods vehicles up to the numbers available to applicants who satisfy them that they need a vehicle and that it is in the national interest that one should be allocated to them. Permits for reconditioned cars, issued from the Ministry headquarters in London, are at present available only to nurses, midwives and badly disabled ex-Servicemen.