Skip to main content

British Subjects, Usa (Passports)

Volume 416: debated on Thursday 29 November 1945

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

asked the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs whether, in the case of British subjects in the U.S.A. who desire to return home, he will assist them in every way to obtain the required permission to enable them to travel.

Yes, Sir. British subjects in the United States of America can, when necessary, obtain passports by applying to British consular officers. No special permission is required for their entry into the United Kingdom. British subjects are required, of course, to conform to relevant United States regulations in the same way as any other foreigners in the U.S.A.