The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.
Colonel J. R. H. Hutchison
asked the Parliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Civil Aviation when he proposes to set up the Scottish Advisory Council on Civil Aviation.
The Scottish Advisory Council is in process of formation. I am glad to be able to say that Sir Patrick Dollan, lately Lord Provost of Glasgow, has consented to be the chairman and has accepted my noble Friend's invitation to become a member of the Board of the British European Airways Corporation. The following members of the Council have been appointed by the British European Airways Corporation in consultation with my noble Friend and my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for Scotland, and on the basis of nomination by representative Scottish bodies:
- Viscount Arbuthnott, Convener of Kincardineshire.
- Sir John Falconer, Lord Provost of Edinburgh.
- Mr. J. Gibson Kerr W.S., Agent and Clerk of the Convention of Royal Burghs.
- Sir Hector McNeill, Lord Provost of Glasgow.
- Mr. Charles Murdoch, Treasurer of the General Council of the Scottish T.U.C. and member of Chairman's Committee of the Scottish Council (Industry and Development).
- Mr. J. Ure Primrose, Lord Provost of Perth.
- Mr. David Robertson, Vice-Chairman of the General Council of the Scottish T.U.C.
- Mr. Daniel L. Stewart, Convener of Dumbartonshire.
- Mr. Robert Taylor, Director of the Scottish Co-operative Wholesale Society.