Skip to main content

Petrol Allowances

Volume 463: debated on Thursday 7 April 1949

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.


asked the Minister of Fuel and Power what allowance of petrol is made to an Englishman on holiday in this country from India, and using a borrowed motor car.

A British civilian on leave from abroad, using a car borrowed from a near relative, is granted sufficient petrol to motor 150 miles.

asked the Minister of Fuel and Power why an issue for business purposes of a petrol allocation to Mr. W. J. Fairbairn of 95 Burlington Road, New Malden, which was previously made, has now been completely refused.

As the hon. Member was informed in the letter sent to him about this case, the purpose for which Mr. Fairbairn requires petrol is not one for which allowances are granted by regional petroleum officers.