asked the President of the Board of Trade if he will identify each of the ten Grenfell factories in South Wales, indicating where they are situated; whether occupied or standing idle; how many persons are presently employed at those in production; and the names of the firms to whom the factories are allocated.
Tenants who are already in occupation, including those in the very early stages of occupation, are: Bamford Springs Ltd., at Llwynypia; Craton Ltd., at Bargoed; Cyc Arc Ltd., at Garnant; Phillip Owen Ltd., at Ponthenry; S. E. Porter Ltd., at Ferndale. Total employment in these five factories is at present 115. The second Grenfell factory at Llywnypia has recently been allocated to the Brambar Engineering Co. Ltd. who hope to take up occupation shortly. The remaining four factories which are at Aberdare, Ammanford, Ferndale and Tumble have not yet been allocated.
asked the President of the Board of Trade if he will locate each factory, constructed by and for Welsh Estates, other than Grenfell and Remploy factories, now standing idle or in course of construction, indicating those already allocated, but not yet occupied, and to whom.
The following is the information asked for:
Factories not yet completed but either allocated or earmarked for tenants with whom negotiations are still proceeding.
- Pembroke Dock (Kelsall & Kemp Ltd.).
- Tredegar (three factories) (Oerkikon Hosiery Ltd.).
- Llwynpia (Petrofuel Products (Porth) Ltd.).
- Dinas Isaf (Panarmonic Ltd.).
- Dinas Isaf (A. K. Huttl & Co. Ltd.).
- Abercarn (G.P.O.).
- Abercarn (The Crescent Toy Co. Ltd.).
- Brynmawr (John Webb & Co. Ltd.).
- Brynmawr (Cooper & Co. (Birmingham) Ltd.).
- Llanelly (Wallis Tin Stamping Co. Ltd.).
- Dowlais (Jones Dickinson & Co. Ltd.).
- Ammanford (Dancer & Hearne Bros. Ltd.).
- Porth (Vodac Ltd.).
- Neath (Unikit Ltd.).
2. Factories not yet completed and unallocated.
- Maesteg (three standard factories).
3. Factories ready for occupation, not finally allocated, but negotiations with tenants proceeding.
- Mountain Ash.
4. Factories ready for occupation but unallocated.
- Mountain Ash (two standard factories).
In addition to the above, one large factory on the Bridgend ex-R.O.F. Estate and small buildings at both Bridgend and Hirwaun are available for allocation although not many are suitable for normal production purposes.