asked the Assistant Postmaster-General when a committee will be appointed under the Wireless Telegraphy Act, 1949, to study the suppression of interference with wireless telegraphy caused by small electric motors.
My noble Friend has recently appointed an advisory committee from a panel nominated by the President of the Institution of Electrical Engineers with the approval of the Council, to consider the requirements which might be prescribed in Regulations dealing with interference with wireless telegraphy caused by small electric motors. As the list of members is rather long, I will circulate it in the OFFICIAL REPORT.
The list is as follows:
The Chairman of the Committee is Mr. J. R. Beard, C.B.E., M.Sc., M.I.C.E., M.I.E.E., Fel. A.I.E.E., and the members are:
- Mr. L. Austin, M.I.P.E.
- Mr. A. H. Ball, A.M.I.E.E.
- Mr. J. I. Bernard, B.Sc., Tech. M.I.E.E.
- Mr. N. R. Bligh, B.Sc. (Eng.), A.M.I.E.E.
- Mr. J. S. Boyd.
- Mr. A. H. Cooper, B.Sc.
- Mrs. M. Courtney, J.P.
- Mr. W. J. Edwards, B.Sc.
- Mr. J. Flood, Associate I.E.E.
- M. F. Gratwick, A.C.I.S.
- Dame Caroline Haslett, D.B.E., Companion I.E.E.
- Mr. H. J. B. Manzoni, C.B.E., M.I.C.E.
- Major C. A. J. Martin, G.C., M.C., B.A., R.E., A.M.I.E.E.
- Mr. W. A. H. Parker, M.I.E.E., Mem.
- Mr. E. L. E. Pawley. M.Sc. (Eng.), M.I.E.E.
- Mr. G. F. Peirson, M.I.E.E.
- Mrs. C. Renton Taylor.
- Mr. V. A. M. Robertson, C.B.E., M.C., M.I.C.E., M.I.Mech.E., M.I.E.E.
- Mr. W. A. Scarr, M.A.
- Dr. S. Whitehead, Ph.D., M.A., M.I.E.E.