The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.
Mr. John Garrett
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will list those bodies for which he is responsible which either receive public funds or to which he makes appointments.
Mr. Roy Jenkins
The information, in respect of the bodies for which I am responsible, is as follows:
- Community Relations Commission.
- Race Relations Board.
- Gaming Board for Great Britain.
- Horserace Betting Levy Board.
- Horserace Totalisator Board.
- Charity Commission.
- Metropolitan Police.
- Police Council for the United Kingdom.
- Police Advisory Board for England and Wales.
- Police Training Council for England and Wales.
- Police College Board of Governors.
- Police Promotions Examination Board for England and Wales.
- Central Fire Brigades Advisory Council for England and Wales.
- Fire Service College Board.
- Fire Services Central Examinations Board.
- Home Office Scientific Advisory Council.
- Boards of Visitors (Prisons).
- British Broadcasting Corporation.
- Independent Broadcasting Authority.
- Television Advisory Committee.
- Radio Interference Advisory Committee.
- Advisory Committee under First Schedule to Wireless Telegraph Act 1949.
- Frequency Advisory Committee.
- Mobile Radio Committee.
- Licensing Planning Committees and Licensed Premises Committees under Licensing Act 1964.
- Parliamentary Boundary Commissions for England and Wales.
- Advisory Committee on Service Candidates.
- Local Government Boundary Commissions for England and Wales (jointly with Secretary of State for the Environment).
- The Poisons Board.
- Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs.
- Tribunals Advisory Bodies and Professional Panels appointed under Schdule 3 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
- Advisory Committee on the Administration of the Cruelty to Animals Act 1876.
- Advisory Committee on the Protection of Birds for England and Wales.
- Parole Board.
- Local Review Committees appointed for the purpose of the Parole System.
- Advisory Council for Probation and After-Care.
- The Central Council for Training and Education in Social Work (jointly with other Secretaries of State).
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Board.
- Criminal Law Revision Committee.
- Advisory Council on the Penal System.