Skip to main content


Volume 885: debated on Monday 27 January 1975

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.


asked the Secretary of State for Industry if he will now take steps, following the tripartite talks, designed to ensure the production of the HS146 without losing markets by reason of delay.

In the tripartite talks, which are a continuing process, we are discussing the implementation of the Government's decision of 9th December which took due account of the market situation to maintain the option of continuing with the HS146 project.

asked the Secretary of State for Industry (1) what action he has taken to protect the design capability of the HS146 project since his statement of 9th December 1974;(2) what progress has been made in determining the future of the HS146 project since the tripartite talks on 13th December 1974.

I met representatives of the company and the unions on 13th December to discuss how we could best make progress. The parties involved confirmed that they were prepared in principle to take part in further discussions on a tripartite basis. Arrangements are being made accordingly, including the submission of papers by the company and the unions and direct discussions with both sides. Final details for the next meeting have yet to be agreed but all those involved are anxious to make progress and I hope that it will take place soon.