asked the Secretary of State for Industry when officials of his Department last visited the works of the following nationalised companies: R. Harris & Son (Builders) Ltd., R. Harris & Son (Plant Hire) Ltd., Devon Concrete Works Ltd., K. & L. Marine Equipment Ltd., North East Coast Contractors Ltd., Sunderland Magnetic Ltd., The Sunderland Forge & Engineering Co. Ltd., and Walsingham Steel Co. Ltd.
This Question refers to subsidiary companies of Appledore Shipbuilders Ltd., Sunderland Shipbuilders Ltd. and North-East Coast Shiprepairers Ltd. These companies were last visited by officials of my Department on 10th December 1974, 3rd February 1975 and 9th October 1974 respectively. Visits to the subsidiary companies have been made by my officials as follows:
- R. Harris & Son (Builders) Ltd. and R. Harris & Son (Plant Hire) Ltd. 10th December 1974.
- Devon Concrete Works. 10th December 1974.
- Sunderland Forge & Engineering Co. Ltd. 27th-28th November 1974.
- K. & L. Marine Equipment Ltd. 22nd-23rd October 1974.
- Sunderland Magnetic Ltd. 22nd-23rd October 1974.
- Wolsingham Steel Co. Ltd. 22nd-23rd October 1974.