Skip to main content

Bomb Injuries (Compensation)

Volume 886: debated on Monday 10 February 1975

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department what are the compensation arrangements for those injured as a result of bomb incidents whilst at work, with particular reference to the insurance position.

Those injured in bombing incidents—whether at work or elsewhere—may apply for compensation under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme. Those who are injured at work may be eligible for social security benefits. Insurance arrangements will vary from case to case, but the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme enables compensation to be paid for loss of earnings.