Skip to main content

Carsington, Derbyshire (Reservoir)

Volume 887: debated on Tuesday 25 February 1975

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment whether he has received from the Severn-Trent Water Authority notification of its wish to submit additional evidence relating to the assessor's report and the inspector's recommendation following the public inquiry into the proposed reservoir at Carsington, Derbyshire; and whether it is his intention to re-open the inquiry.

The water authority wrote to my Department on 14th February saying that it would wish to put forward additional evidence but that investigation of the issues raised in the reports on the public inquiry was likely to take some time.Objectors to the proposed reservoir will be given an opportunity of commenting on any new evidence from the water authority.The decision whether to re-open the inquiry will be taken when any further comments have been received and considered.