Skip to main content

Departmental Staff (Property Rights)

Volume 888: debated on Wednesday 12 March 1975

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.


asked the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what advice is given to officials in his Department in connection with the letting of their homes in the United Kingdom during periods of service abroad.

Staff who let their houses during service abroad are advised to give notice to tenants as appropriate under the Rent Acts that they retain the right to regain possession on return to this country. They are also advised to consult a solicitor in drawing up the tenancy agreement.