asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he is now in a position to announce the reappointment of the Advisory Council on the Penal System and its membership.
Mr. Roy Jenkins
Yes. I have reappointed the Advisory Council with the following membership:
- The Rt. Hon. Sir Kenneth Younger, KBE (Chairman).
- Professor Sir Arthur Armitage.
- Mr. A. Bainton, CBE.
- Mr. Louis Blom-Cooper, QC.
- Mr. A. Goodson, QPM.
- Mr. Derek Gladwin.
- Mr. Milton Hargreaves.
- His Honour Judge Hines, QC.
- The Rt. Hon. the Earl Jellicoe, DSO, MC.
- Mr. R. J. Lowry, QC.
- The Lady Rothschild, MBE.
- Mr. Hugh Sanders, OBE.
- Dr. Peter Scott, CBE.
- The Baroness Scrota of Hampstead.
- Mr. W. R. Stirling.
- Professor Nigel Walker.
- The Hon. Mr. Justice Waller, OBE.
- The Baroness Wootton of Abinger.