Skip to main content

Tourism (Accommodation Registration)

Volume 934: debated on Thursday 30 June 1977

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment what powers are available to local authorities to require all those letting bedroom accommodation in hotels and guest-houses to register the availabe accommodation with the appropriate local authority.

pursuant to his reply [Official Report, 29th June 1977; Vol. 934, c. 272], gave the following answer:We know of no such power apart from that in Part II of the Kensington and Chelsea Corporation Act 1972.