asked the Secretary of State for Prices and Consumer Protection how many companies are currently being investigated by the Price Commission ; and if he will publish their names in the Official Report.
The Price Commission currently has under investigation, in accordance with Sections 4, 5 and 6 of the Price Commission Act 1977, certain prices, or intended price increases, of the following enterprises:
- Barclays Bank Ltd.
- British Railways Board
- Central Electricity Generating Board
- Electricity Council—acting as agent of and on behalf of the area electricity boards in England and Wales
- Fisons Ltd. (Agrochemical Division) Metal Box Ltd.
- South Western Electricity Board—in respect of tariffs for the Isles of Scilly
- Tate and Lyle Refineries Ltd.
- UG Glass Containers Ltd.