Skip to main content

Civil Servants (Grades)

Volume 958: debated on Tuesday 21 November 1978

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

asked the Minister for the Civil Service how many general Treasury classes and how many departmental classes of civil servants there are currently.

There are at present about 500 departmental classes and 36 general service classes, together containing some 27 per cent. of the total staff in post of the non-industrial Civil Service. The remaining 73 per cent. have been restructured into 19 occupational groups in 10 categories, with a fully unified open structure at under-secretary level and above.