asked the Secretary of State for Industry what was the total amount in grants under each of his Department's schemes to the car industry in each year since 1970.
The information is as follows:1976
- £40,000,000 (Section 8 Industry Act 1972)
- £41,325 (Ferrous Foundry Scheme)
- £1,500,911 (Section 8)
- £79,121 (Ferrous Foundry Scheme)
- £45,768,387 (Section 7 Industry Act 1972)
- £10,000,000 (Section 8)
- £436,078 (Ferrous Foundry Scheme)
- £989,000 (Accelerated Projects Scheme)
1979 to date
£1,500,000 (Section 7)
Funds have also been provided for the car industry under section 8 in the form of loans or equity. Details of regional development grants paid to the car industry cannot be made available without disproportionate cost; however, details of individual payments over £25,000 have been published quarterly in "Trade and Industry" since 31 December 1974.