Skip to main content

Elderly Persons (Care)

Volume 977: debated on Tuesday 29 January 1980

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.


asked the Secretary of State for Social Services if he is satisfied with the financial assistance available to persons, particularly unmarried daughters, who give up their work to care for aged parents incapable of looking after themselves.

Invalid care allowance and, in appropriate circumstances, supplementary benefit is available to people in this situation. In view of the present economic circumstances we have no plans for further financial help to these families.