asked the Secretary of State for Employment what consideration is given by the Clegg Commission on pay comparability to the inflation-proofing of public sector pensions; and what value is put on that advantage when considering financial awards.
The Standing Commission on pay comparability has asked the Government Actuary to calculate the difference in the value of pensions between the reference groups and their comparators. The commission has adjusted its pay comparisons on the basis of his calculations to reflect the more favourable pension arrangements of the reference groups.
asked the Secretary of State for Employment how many outstanding references there are to the Clegg Commission.
The Standing Commission on pay comparability has the following references outstanding:
- Professions supplementary to medicine;
- Municipal airport manual workers;
- British Waterways Board salaried staff;
- University technicians;
- Ambulance officers;
- Primary and secondary school and further education teachers;
- University teachers;
- Some groups of local authority craftsmen;
- New towns staff;
- Justices' clerks' assistants (outside inner London); and
- Scottish local authority chief officials.