Skip to main content

Military Aid To The Civil Power

Volume 984: debated on Thursday 15 May 1980

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will set out the procedure by which the Armed Services may be asked to give aid to the civil power; and under whose authority such requests must be made.

A request for military aid to the civil power is made by the chief officer of police and the response approved by Ministers.