Skip to main content

Entertainment Allowance

Volume 986: debated on Thursday 19 June 1980

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

asked the right hon. Member for Middlesbrough, as representing the House of Commons Commission, which posts in the service of the House receive a tax-free entertainment allowance of £1,500 per annum; and whether he will arrange to pay £1,500 per annum to those Officers not in receipt of this allowance.

No Officer on the staff of the House receives an entertainment allowance of the kind described. I am writing to the hon. Member.