(1) If a development corporation for a new town and the committee constituted for the new town under section 108 of the 1964 Act jointly apply to the Secretary of State for him to make an order under this section, he may make such an order.
(2) The power to make an order under this section shall be exercisable by statutory instrument.
(3) On an order coming into effect, subsections (4) to (6) below shall apply.
(4) If under section 108 of the 1964 Act a committee was constituted for that new town only the committee shall cease to exist.
(5) If under section 108 of the 1964 Act a committee was constituted for that and another new town—
(6) Sections 111 and 112 of the 1964 Act shall cease to apply to the new town, but without prejudice to the operation of section 111 as respects an application made before the date on which the order comes into effect or made at the licensing sessions next held after that day.
(7) In this section and the foregoing section "the 1964 Act" means the Licensing Act 1964.—[ Mr. Guy Barnett.]
Brought up, read the First and Second time, and added to the Bill.