asked the Secretary of State for the Environment what grants have been given or are proposed for community groups to bring back into use Hounslow hospital in Middlesex; which groups are involved; and what is the purpose of the grants.
Approval under the urban programme for £6,500 capital expenditure and £36,379 annual running costs was given on 12 March 1982 to Hounslow London borough council for the Hounslow Hospital community project. A management committee will run the project which aims to provide facilities for groups meeting the needs of deprived members of the community.I understand that some of the groups interested in using the hospital premises are:
- Luncheon club for the Elderly
- Drop-in-centre for the lonely and isolated
- The Pakistani Welfare Association
- Association of Spina Bifida and Hydrocephaly
- Playgroups and mother and toddler groups
- Community health council
- Womens Royal Voluntary Service
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
In addition other organisations including ethnic minority groups, the Hounslow trades council, the PHAB youth club and the family bereavement service have expressed interest in using rooms for their meetings.