asked the Secretary of State for the Environment whether he will now announce further appointments of private sector accountancy firms as additional district auditors to audit the accounts for 1981–82 of certain local authorities in England.
I have today appointed the following as additional district auditors. The names of the authorities with which they will be concerned are given in brackets.
- Mr. R. J. Walls of Messrs Price Waterhouse (Derby city council)
- Mr. R. Legge of Messrs Arthur Young McClelland Moores & Co (London borough of Newham)
- Mr. A Hardcastle of Messrs Peat, Marwick, Mitchell and Co (London borough of Tower Hamlets)
- Mr. J. Ellam of Messrs Armitage and Norton (Wolverhampton borough council)
- Mr. D. G. Burgoyne of Messrs Ernst & Whinney (South Hams district council)