Skip to main content

Public Bodies (Departmental Assistance)

Volume 23: debated on Monday 10 May 1982

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

asked the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food what bodies or organisations, for the day-to-day work or administration of which he does not answer parliamentary question, receive finance from his Department's Vote.

My Department is the sponsoring Department for a number of executive bodies listed in "Non-Departmental Public Bodies Facts and Figures 1981" which receive finance from my votes. While I answer questions relating to their general operations, including agency functions, I do not answer questions concerned with their detailed administration. Nor would it be appropriate for me to answer questions about the variety of other bodies which receive finance from my Department, though I am, of course, answerable for the propriety of this expenditure.

(a) Temporary short-time working compensation scheme(b) Community industry(c) Youth opportunities programme(d) Young workers scheme(e) Job release scheme(f) Community enterprise programme