Skip to main content

Disabled Children (Play Provision)

Volume 23: debated on Monday 10 May 1982

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment what agencies receive Government financial aid for play provision for disabled children.

I have been asked to reply.The Department makes grants for this purpose to a number of national organisations including the Hospital Adventure Playgroups Association, the Pre-Schools Playgroups Association, the Toy Libraries Association, the National Play Bus Association and Save the Children's Fund. Grants are also made to charities such as the Voluntary Council for Handicapped Children and the Association of Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus who provide valuable advice to those setting up playgroupsThe central Government support local authorities under the urban programme to enable them and voluntary organisations to set up play projects, including adventure playgrounds and play leadership schemes, in inner city and urban areas.