Skip to main content

Mandatory Awards (Local Authority Contribution)

Volume 32: debated on Friday 19 November 1982

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science what representations he has had about problems faced by local authorities regarding the payment of 10 per cent. of the cost of mandatory awards; and if he will make a statement.

The Department pays 90 per cent. specific grant towards the cost of mandatory awards. My right hon. Friend has not received any representations from local education authorities regarding the payment of the other 10 per cent.