asked the Secretary of State for Transport what plans he has to improve the north-south traffic routes in Wiltshire.
There are two trunk roads running roughly north-south through Wiltshire. We have a number of planned improvements on them both and these are listed below.
On the A36 trunk road—
- Warminster bypass—main programme 1985–87.
- Heytesbury bypass—reserve list 1985–87.
- Codford bypass—resrve list 1985–87.
- Steeple Langford bypass—reserve list 1985–87.
- Stapleford-South Newton bypass—reserve list 1985–87.
On the A419 trunk road—
A scheme for a bypass of Salisbury on the A36 trunk road was added to the trunk road programme last year.Beyond these all other north-south routes are the responsibility of Wiltshire county council.Blunsdon-Cricklade dualling — main programme 1985–87.