asked the Secretary of State for Employment what was the cost of Government training
|Government training schemes||Government special employment measures for disabled people|
|Year||Number of disabled people completing trining courses||Cost £m's||Number of disabled people entering the Youth training Scheme||Cost £m's||New beneficlaries of special schemes (eg special aids adaptatios etc.)||Cost £m's||Average number of disabled people in sheltered employment||Cost £m's||Number of disabled people participating in employment rehabilitation||Cost £m's|
1. Figures include disabled participants in the Training Opportunities Scheme and in other training courses specifically for disabled people.
2. Separately identifiable costs for training disabled people are not available and cannot be obtained from a simple pro rata apportionment of the total because the cost of training courses specifically for disabled people tends to be higher than the average.
3. The figure for 1982–83 relates to an MSC estimate of participation on the Youth Opportunities Programme; estimates for earlier years are not available. Figures for subsequent years are collected from placings by the Carriers Service.
4. Costs for disabled people are not separately identifiable and have been attributed on a pro rata basis.
5. Information on special schemes is not available before 1977–78.
6. Participation is measured by the number of people leaving employment rehabilitation courses during the year. Prior to 1977–78 disabled people participating in employment rehabilitation were not separately identified.