asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will publish in the Official Report the amount of rates collected in Scotland in each year from 1981–82; and if he will express the costs of both (a) lands valuation and (b) collection of rates as a percentage of the total.
I shall reply to the hon. Member as soon as possible.
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland (1) what is the average level of rates in 1985–86 for (a) owner-occupied properties and (b) houses in the public sector in Scotland;(2) what is the average factor by which valuations have risen in the case of
(a) owner-occupied property and (b) council houses and other houses in the public sector;
(3) what is the average multiplier in Scotland; what are the upper and lower ends of the multiplier factor; and if he will publish a table showing any variations as between regions and districts;
(4) what is the average rates bill in Scotland in 1985–86 of (a) owners of domestic properties and (b) council house tenants, and other houses in the public sector; and if he will publish a table giving the information, local authority by local authority;
(5) what was the nature and scope of the evidence on rentals paid in the domestic sector on which the recent valuation was based;
(6) if he will make a statement on the reasons for the differential increase in rateable values as between (a) small commercial ratepayers and (b) large commercial concerns, which have resulted from the recent revaluation;
(7) what is the average increase in the rate poundage in 1985–86 as compared with 1984–85 in each district and region in Scotland for (a) domestic ratepayers, (b) commercial ratepayers and (c) industrial ratepayers; and if he will publish the information in the form of a table.
I shall reply to my hon. Friend as soon as possible.