(1) The period specified in accordance with section (Compulsory participation in travel concession schemes) (3) of this Act in a participation notice served on the operator of any service shall be not less than such period as may be prescribed.
(2) The authority or authorities by whom a participation notice is served on any operator shall send to the operator, together with the notice, a copy of—
as have been published under section 85(10) of this Act before the date of the notice.
(3) Subject to the following provisions of this section, an operator on whom a participation notice has been served may apply to the Secretary of State for the cancellation or variation of that notice on either or both of the following grounds, that is to say—
(4) Subject to subsection (5) below, an application under subsection (3) above may be made by notice in writing given to the Secretary of State before the end of the period of twenty-eight days beginning with the date of the participation notice.
(5) An operator may not make such an application unless he has given notice in writing of his intention to do so to the authority or authorities by whom the participation notice was served—
(6) The Secretary of State may if he think fit appoint a person to determine an application under this section on his behalf.
(7) On any such application the Secretary of State, or any person appointed under subsection (6) above to determine the application on his behalf, may—
and in any case where the participation notice is cancelled on the ground mentioned in subsection (3) (b) above shall give to the authority or authorities by whom the notice was served a notice in writing indicating in what respects the scheme or arrangements there mentioned are inappropriate for application in relation to operators other than operators voluntarily participating in the scheme. '.— [Mr. Ridley.]
Brought up, read the First and Second time, and added to the Bill.