asked the Secretary of State for Energy if he will list in the Official Report all the different types of licences operated or granted by his Department and the year in which they first came into operation.
The following are the types of licences granted or available under current legislation for which my Department is responsible.
Petroleum licences in operation or available under various Regulations made pursuant to the Petroleum (Production) Act 1934, as extended by the Continental Shelf Act 1964:—
- Mining licence—landward: first granted in 1942.
- Methane drainage licence—landward: first granted in1958.
- Exploration licence—seaward: first granted in 1964.
- Exploration licence—landward: first granted in 1973.
- Production licence—seaward: first granted in 1964.
- Production licence—landward: first granted in 1967
- Appraisal licence—landward: none yet granted.
- Development licence—landward: none yet granted.