asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will make a statement on current progress regarding the bringing forward of amendments to the Milk (Special Designations) (Scotland) Order 1980 and the Cream (Heat Treatment) (Scotland) Regulations 1983; and if he will indicate which bodies are being consulted and the time scale envisaged for proposed amendments.
Proposed amendments to the Cream (Heat Treatment) (Scotland) Regulations 1983 were issued by my Department on 26 June 1985. The normal period for consultation of three weeks is proposed. After considering the responses, it is intended to lay the regulations before the summer recess. The organisations consulted are:
- The Convention of Scottish Local Authorities.
- The Scottish Milk Products Manufacturers' Association.
- the Scottish Dairy Trade Federation.
- The Scottish Milk Marketing Board.
- The Aberdeen and District Milk Marketing Board.
- The North of Scotland Milk Marketing Board.
- The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland.
- The National Farmers' Union of Scotland.
- The Association of Scottish Public Analysts.
- The Scottish Food and Drugs Co-ordinating Committee.
- The British Medical Association (Scottish Branch).
- The Council of the Scottish Agricultural Colleges.
- The Scottish Consumers' Council.