6. An application by a building society for confirmation by the Commission of a transfer of its business to a company shall be made in such manner as the Commission may prescribe.
7. –(1) Where a building society applies for confirmation of a transfer of its business, the society shall publish a notice of the application in any one or more of the London Gazette, the Edinburgh Gazette or the Belfast Gazette, as the Commission directs and, if it so directs, in one or more newspapers.
(2) A notice published in pursuance of sub-paragraph (1) above shall—
8. –(1) After the date specified in the notice in pursuance of paragraph 7(2) (b) above, the Commission shall—
(2) The Commission shall allow the building society making the transfer an opportunity to comment on the written representations, whether at a hearing or in writing, before the expiration of such period as the Commission specifies in a notice to the society.'.— [Mr. Ian Stewart.]