asked the Paymaster General what have been the additional areas of enforcement responsibility in Scotland taken by the factory inspectorate since 1979.
The main additional areas of enforcement responsibility taken by Her Majesty's factory inspectorate since 1979 are as follows:
- The Notification of Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations.
- The Health and Safety (Dangerous Pathogens) Regulations.
- The Control of Lead at Work Regulations.
- The Diving Operations at Work Regulations.
- The Dangerous Substances (Conveyance by Road in Road Tankers and Tank Containers) Regulations.
- The Notification of New Substances Regulations.
- The Notification of Installations Handling Hazardous Substances Regulations.
- The Asbestos (Licensing) Regulations.
- The Classification, Packaging and Labelling of Dangerous Substances Regulations.
- The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations.
- The Control of Industrial Major Accident Hazards Regulations.
- The Asbestos (Prohibitions) Regulations.
- The Ionising Radiations Regulations.
- The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Substances Regulations.