asked the Secretary of State for Social Services if he will list the National Health Service capital expenditure projects completed in the Staffordshire Moorlands district during the past 12 years and those projected in the next five years.
The available information about National Health Service capital projects for the parts of north Staffordshire and south-east Staffordshire health authorities which cover my hon. Friend's consitituency is given in the table. Information about schemes undertaken by the health authorities out of their annual block allocations for capital works is not held centrally. My hon. Friend may therefore wish to write to the chairmen of the district health authorities for details of any additional building schemes.
Projects completed from 1 January 1975.
1 St. Edwards Hospital, Cheddleton — Reorganisation of central kitchen.
Completed—12 December 1975.
(2) St Edwards Hospital, Cheddleton — Fire Alarm upgrading and provision of emergency lighting.
Completed—29 April 1977.
(3) St Edwards Hospital, Cheddleton—Replacement Boiler
House, Phase 1.
Completed—19 May 1981.
(4) Cheadle Hospital—Grounds stabilisation.
Completed—10 November 1983.
Projects Planned to be completed by 30 April 1992.
Cheadle Geriatric Hospital (replacement for existing Cheadle Hospital).
(2) Leek Moorlands Hospital Redevelopment (conversion to neighbourhood hospital).
(3) Biddulph Neighbourhood Hospital.