asked the Secretary of State for Transport if he will list the members of the Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee, giving their occupations and the area of the country in which they reside.
The names and occupations of the members of the Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee are as follows. Details of the areas in which the members reside is not generally held by the Department.Sir Peter Baldwin KCB
- Chairman, South East Thames Regional Health Authority.
Peter Large Esq. MBE
- Chairman, Joint Committee on Mobility for the Disabled.
Bert Massie Esq. OBE
- Assistant Director, Disablement Services
- Royal Association for Disability and Rehabilitation.
William Buchanan Esq.
- Special Adviser on Disability
- British Railways Board.
Mrs. Jill Allen-King MBE
- Vice-Chairman, Joint Committee on Mobility of Blind and Partially Sighted People.
Clive Davis Esq.
- Head of Social Service Department
- Royal National Institute for the Deaf.
John Hannam Esq. MP
- Secretary, All Party Disablement Group.
Allan Beard Esq. CB
- Treasurer of Motability and Chairman of Access to the Skies Committee.
Cliff Twort Esq.
- National Secretary, Transport and General Workers Union.
- Director, Age Concern.
Robert Taylor Esq.
- Director, Birmingham Airport.
John Dobinson Esq.
- Director, Access Committee for England.
Mrs. Claudia Flanders OBE
- Transport and Disability Consultant.
Joe Hennessy Esq. OBE
- A Vice President, Disabled Drivers Association.
Trevor Meadows Esq.
- Director, National Advisory Unit for Community Transport.
Keith Brown Esq.
- Board Member, London Regional Transport.
Dr. Adrian Stokes OBE
- A Vice-President, Disabled Drivers Motor Club.
James Elder-Woodward Esq.
- Social Work Department, Strathclyde Regional Council.
Bob Ley Esq.
- South Wales Transport (retired).
Leslie Stephenson Esq.
- Thoresen Car Ferries Ltd.
James Ross Esq.
- Director, Welfare, Legal and Consultative Services, MENCAP.
asked the Secretary of State for Transport if he will place in the Library copies of the minutes of meetings of the Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee.
Reports from the committee will be made available in the Library. The minutes of its regular meetings are working documents internal to the committee.The committee may from time to time hold public sessions and the minutes of any such sessions would be made widely available. In addition I believe that the committee hopes shortly to present to the Secretary of State and to publish its first annual report.
asked the Secretary of State for Transport what are the procedures for ensuring that disabled persons' organisations can be kept informed of the deliberations of the Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee.
Many of the committee's members are themselves representatives of disabled persons' organisations. It is also open to any organisation to suggest matters for the committee's consideration at any time.