To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will give the names of all the Forestry Commission's regional advisory committee members, together with details of the relevant background experience of each.
The information is as follows:
Conservancy: North England
- Professor G. R. Dickson—Chairman. Farmer. Member of the Northumberland National Park Committee.
- J. Brown-Swinburne—Estate owner with forestry, farming and sawmilling interests.
- T. R. Fetherstonhaugh—Estate owner, with local authority experience.
- Professor B. Hackett—Professor of Landscape Architecture (retired). Chartered town planner. Chartered architect.
- T. N. Hammond—Trade Unionist.
- Lady Elizabeth Kirk—Countryside Commissioner 1979 to date. President of the Countryside Holidays Association. Member of various other recreational committees.
- W. W. Metcalf—Member of the RICS. Member of the North York Moors National Park Committee and Yorkshire Naturalists Trust.
- R. E. Shapland — Forest Manager, North West Water Authority.
- P. Townson—Wide forestry experience.
Conservancy: East England
- W. E. Lane—Chairman, Planner. Involved in the work of NCC, National Trust, CPRE and other bodies.
- G. K. Agnew—Landowner with forestry, farming and local Government interests.
- T. Cook—Farmer.
- P. H. Peck—Trade unionist.
- J. K. Royston — Agent to Duke of Buccleuch Boughton Estate.
- C. Stratton—Landscape Architect.
- J. Todd — President of the British Timber Merchants Association.
- L. Woodham—Governor of Plumpton Agriculture College.
- Councillor Mrs. M. P. Wright—Member of East Sussex County Council; Chairman of the Conservation and Countryside Committee.
Conservancy: West England
- I. Mercer—Chairman, Dartmoor National Park Officer.
- Major D. J. C. Davenport—Woodland Owner and Farmer.
- C. A. Eade—Chartered Surveyor and Land Agent.
- A. East—Managing Director of a timber processing firm. Member of the British Institute of Management, Institute of Wood Science.
- A. Fooks—Trade Union official.
- D. W. Hildred—Retired Bank Manager. Field Naturalist.
- W. A. Isaac—Former County Chairman of the NFU. Vice-Chairman Wiltshire Farming, Forestry and Wildlife Advisory Group. Member of the CLA Executive Committee.
- R. Jarman — Adviser on Nature Conservation, National Trust. Member of a number of conservation bodies.
- J. M. B. Workman — Woodland Owner, National Trust Adviser. Forestry Consultant.
- M. A. McLaggan—Chairman, Lawyer. Woodland owner.
- J. Lloyd Jones — Vice-Chairman County Branch NFU, Chairman Gwynned Farming, Forestry and Wildlife Advisory Group. Member Council for the Protection of Rural Wales.
- D. M. Raikes OBE, JP—Countryside Commissioner, Vice-Chairman Countryside Commission's Committee for Wales.
- S. K. Neale—Trade Unionist.
- Col. P. C. Ormrod — Past Chairman of TGUK (North Wales). Forestry and Land Use Consultant. Past Chairman of Flintshire Woodlands Ltd.
- Mrs. R. Rooney—Estate owner with woodland interests.
- D. W. Rowlands—Member of the Institute of Chartered Foresters, Royal Forestry Society, British Institute of Agricultural Consultants.
- J. W. Sutton — Purchasing Manager, Shotton Paper Co. Ltd.
- W. R. Williams JP—Estate owner with woodland interests.
Conservancy: North Scotland
- Sheriff S. Scott Robinson—Chairman. Former Sheriff of Inverness. Former Vice-President Law Society of Scotland.
- E. J. Brodie — Estate owner. Farming/Forestry and Sporting interests.
- B. E. Crabtree—Trade Union official.
- J. Evans—Forestry Consultant.
- A. D. M. Farquharson—Land Agent. Manages a forestry estate.
- Professor C. Gimingham — Professor of Plant Science, Aberdeen University. Countryside Commissioner for Scotland.
- N. J. O. Graham—Vice-Chairman of Planning Committee — Highland Regional Council. Ex-Chairman of the RSPB Scottish Committee.
- W. W. MacAskill—Director of firm of timber merchants, and various commercial companies.
- M. Pottinger — Family livestock business. Part-time journalist. Former President of the local NFU.
Conservancy: Mid Scotland
- Dr. Jean Balfour — Chairman — Ex-Chairman of the Countryside Commission for Scotland.
- B. S. Brookes — Former Warden; Scottish Field Studies Association. Member of the Scottish Wildlife Trust.
- P. Fairweather—Forestry Manager Argyll Estate.
- J. W. Hutchison — Landowner with extensive forestry interests.
- C. R. Langton—Wide forestry experience.
- J. McNaughton—Hill farmer. Member of the British Wool Marketing Board, the Panel of Agricultural Arbiters, and the Red Deer Commission.
- G. Morton—Union official.
- P. S. Murray — Director of sawmilling company. Ex-President of Home Timber Merchants Association of Scotland.
- Cllr. T. Rae — Member of Strathclyde Regional Council. Served in fields of Education, Planning, Manpower Services.
Conservancy: South Scotland
- H. A. Waterston — Chairman. Retired Deputy Principal West of Scotland College of Agriculture. Involved in Red Deer Societies.
- W. S. Brack—Trade Unionist.
- D. B. Crawford OBE—Forestry Consultant.
- T. Croft—Head of Policy Research Department, National Trust for Scotland.
- D. Hewitt—Director of a firm of Timber Merchants.
- D. I. Liddell-Grainger — Deputy Chairman TGUK (Scotland).
- R. A. McClymont — Member of NFUS and Wool Marketing Board. Interest in Hill Farming.
- D. R. Robinson — Chairman Wigtown District Council. Member of Dumfries and Galloway Regional Council. Director of an agricultural business.
- The Earl of Rosebery — Estate owner, with woodland interests.