To ask the Secretary of State for Defence if, pursuant to his reply to the hon. Member for Western Isles on 24 July, Official Report, column 594, he will list all other military construction projects currently planned for the Western Isles.
Works services other than those already recorded in column 594, of the Official Report for 24 July 1987 are as follows:
- Provision of 10,000 gall. storage tank for de-icing fluid.
- Installation of Fire Alarm System and other fire precautions.
- Provision of Traffic Lights on the A866.
- Provision of facilities for Fire/Crash Rescue crews in ATC Tower.
- Additional showers to be installed in Building 214.
- Replacement of Stand—By Power Plant.
- Improvement of Dining Room facilities.
- Provision of Support Accommodation at South Celettraval.
- Rebuilding of Station Headquarters.
- Upgrading of Electrical Power Supply.
- Provision of small buildings and four aerials for ship to shore and shore to ship and similar communication systems.
Additionally the Army have the following:
- Zero Length Launch facility for Falconet.
- Royal Army Ordnance Corp new build of stores section.
- Security Fencing for Range Control Building.
- Tempest security measures for Range Control Building.
- Modification of Air Conditioning for Range Control Building.
- Provision of Loading Ramp at Loch Carnan.
- Cable trenching.
- Modernisation of practising units hangar.
- New building to accommodate volumatic disintegrator.
- Provision of control Post at airfield.