To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland how many stadiums with a capacity of at least 5,000 people there are in Scotland; where they are located; and what kind of access the public have for practising sports or athletics.
[holding answer 9 December 1987]: The number of stadiums and their location is set out in the table. Information on public access is not available centrally.
(2) Number of designated sports stadia with spectator capacity of
(3) Number of non-designated outdoor sports stadia with spectator capacity of:
(4) Number of other outdoor sports grounds with spectator capacity of
1. The sports stadia in column (2) are designated under the Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975 and include 31 Scottish Football League grounds, plus Murrayfield rugby stadium.
2. Sports grounds in column (4) are grounds where the spectator capacity exceeds 5,000 and where the spectator accommodation does not surround the activity area.