To ask the Minister for the Civil Service if he will list the names and occupations of the members of the panel of experts of the Registered Homes Tribunal.
The names and occupations of the persons on the panel of experts appointed by the Lord President of the Council under the Registered Homes Act 1984 are as follows:
Registered Homes Act 1984
Members of Panel of Experts
Name and occupation
- Mrs. Carole Alford—Matron/Owner of 2 Nursing Homes in Eastbourne.
- Geoffrey Arthur Banner—Retired Director Social Services.
- Robert Bessell — Managing Director, Retirement Security Ltd.
- Mrs. Susan Blanchard — Managing Director, Belvedere Hospital, Scarborough.
- Miss Mary Blincoe—Director of Nursing Services.
- Dr. G. R. Brackenridge — DMO, Northallerton Health Authority.
- Mrs. Mary Edna Astill Brown—Part-time Administration work.
- Dr. S. W. Brown — Consultant in Charge of Medical Services, David Lewis Centre.
- Michael Peter John Burrell — Retired Rest Home Proprietor.
- John Rupert Allen Chawner—Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Gwynedd DHA.
- K. Coleman — Divisional Director, Westminster Social Services.
- Miss Betty Cowell — Retired Principal, Midwife Teachers Training College, Kingston upon Thames.
- Miss Rosalind Davies — Director, British Nursing Association.
- Miss R. Dawson-Shepard—Volunteer Counsellor.
- Geoffrey Stephen Dunn —Part-time Consultant, Cheshire Foundation Housing Association.
- Dr. A. McL Gordon—Medical Director, The Retreat.
- Mrs. Barbara Joyce Gray — Retd. Senior Lecturer, University of Birmingham.
- Robert Guest — District Nursing Officer, Gt. Yarmouth and Waveney Health Authority.
- Jack Hanson—Retd. Director Social Services.
- Miss Dorothy Harris—Director of Nursing Services.
- Mrs. Mary Grace Joynson—Senior Director and Director of Childcare, Dr. Barnadoes.
- Dr. D. L. Kerr—Chief Executive, Manor House Hospital.
- Mr. B. A. Maurice—Consultant Surgeon.
- Dr. Stanley McDougall — Specialist in Community Medicine.
- Michael McGeorge—National Nursing Officer, British Red Cross Society.
- G. H. Neal—Director for Mencap.
- Miss Margaret Nurse—Retd. Rest Home Proprietor.
- Dr. J. R. Oxley—Physician-in-Charge, Chalfont Centre for Epilepsy, Hon. Physician, National Hospital for Nervous Diseases.
- Mrs. Mary Parker — Matron-Partner at three Nursing Homes.
- Miss Marjorie Mary Hatton Phillips — Retd. Local Government Officer.
- Mervyn Hugh Phillips — Chief Executive, Clwyd County Council.
- Miss Margaret Pilbeam — Chief Nursing Officer, Eastbourne Health Authority.
- David R. Prettyman—Senior Staff Officer, Mental Health/Physically Handicapped Section, Haringey Social Services.
- Dr. R. K. Rao — Secretary, Crosby Nursing Home Chairman, Laughton Rest Home.
- Mr. John J. Regan—Head of Home, Le Court, Leonard Cheshire Foundation Home.
- Mrs. Irene Shepherd—Assistant Director Nursing Services.
- David Smith—Director of Nursing, St. Andrews Hospital, Northampton.
- John Ingram Stephens—Retd. Assistant Director of Social Services.
- Professor Olive Stevenson — Professor of Social Work Studies.
- Ms. Emma Tait—Group Homes Manager.
- Mr. A. L. Tooley — Consultant Surgeon, South Tees District, Cleveland.
- Miss Kay Wells — Centre Organiser, British Red Cross Society.
- Mrs. Maureen White—RCN Senior Officer, Trent Region.
- Dr. J. H. B. Williams — Medical Director, Mount Edgecumbe Hospital.
- Miss Margaret Olive Woodier—Freelance Consultant.