To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food what consultations he is having with local authorities regarding the future distribution of food surpluses according to the permanent scheme approved by the Council of Ministers.
At present, I am consulting the main charitable organisations. I will consult more widely if this becomes appropriate.
To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food what charities he is consulting for the purpose of free food distribution in accordance with the permanent scheme for European Community food surpluses approved by the Council of Ministers.
I am consulting the following organisations:
- Age Concern
- British Red Cross Society
- Church Army
- Help the Aged
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations
- National Council of Voluntary Child Care Organisations
- Royal Association of Disability and Rehabilitation
- Royal British Legion
- Salvation Army
- Social and Pastoral Action
- Catholic Bishops Conference, England and Wales
- Women's Royal Voluntary Service