Skip to main content

Machine Gambling (Counselling)

Volume 127: debated on Thursday 11 February 1988

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will publish a list of organisations with which his Department has contacts which offer a counselling service to people addicted to machine gambling.

In the course of our review of the law on amusement arcades we have had information from the organisations Parents of Young Gamblers and the Gordon House Association, both of which, I understand, offer such a service. We have also been in touch with the probation service: the work of the service can include counselling offenders with problems of addiction. Other organisations in contact with us in the review may offer services of which we are not aware.