To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what studies of aviation safety have been made by his Department in the last year; and if he will make a statement.
The Department's air accidents investigation branch is responsible for investigating aircraft accidents and their reports are published. The following accident reports have been published during the last 12 months.
- No. 1/87 Bell 212 G-BJJR in the North Sea. Issued on 28 April 1987.
- No. 2/87 Lockheed Tristar G-BBAI at Leeds. Issued on 25 September 1987.
- No. 3/87 Turbo Commander EL-BGL at Eastbourne. Issued on 29 July 1987.
- No. 4/87 DHC-6 Twin Otter G-BGPC at Laphroaig. Issued on 10 December 1987.
- No. 5/87 Chinook G-BISO in the North Sea. Issued on 20 January 1988.
- No. 6/87 Short SD3 EI-BEM at East Midlands. Issued on 20 January 1988.
- No. 7/87 Twin Squirrel G-BKIH at Swalcliffe. Issued on 29 February 1988.
- No. 8/87 Boeing 747 G-AWNB at Heathrow. Issued on 29 February 1988.
- No. 9/87 Bell 214ST G-BKFN in the North Sea. Issued on 28 March 1988.
- No. 1/88 DH 89A Dragon-Rapide G-AGTM at Duxford. Issued on 28 March 1988.