Skip to main content

Residential Homes

Volume 168: debated on Wednesday 28 February 1990

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security if he will consider raising income support for residents in independent nursing homes or residential care homes.

The maximum amounts of income support payable to people in residential care and nursing homes are reviewed every year as part of the general uprating of benefits. These limits will all be increased from 9 April at a cost of an extra £100 million a year.