Skip to main content

Medical Errors

Volume 169: debated on Tuesday 13 March 1990

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will list by regional health authority and by year for the last five years, the amounts of money that have been paid in damages for medical errors.

The information is not available in the form requested.The information held centrally is given in the table which shows compensation payments made by health authorities as recorded in their annual accounts. However, this information does not distinguish between compensation payments in respect of medical accidents and other compensation payments, for example, those in respect of damage to property or for unfair dismissal.