Skip to main content

Bomb Damage

Volume 172: debated on Thursday 17 May 1990

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland whether the Housing Executive carries out emergency repairs to (a) executive homes and (b) private properties following damage by terrorist bombs.

Assistance is available under the first-aid repair scheme for householders whose dwellings have been damaged as a result of terrorist activity. The Northern Ireland Housing Executive operates the scheme for public sector housing. The Department of the Environment at present deals with privately owned residential properties.The Housing Executive maintains a 24-hour emergency call-out service which renders immediate remedial work to weatherproof all dwellings, public and private, as a result of criminal damage.