To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland if he is able to announce the membership of the committee which he has established to review courses and examinations in the fifth and sixth years of Scottish secondary education.
I am glad to be able to announce that the following have accepted my right hon. and learned Friend's invitation to serve on the committee to be chaired by Professor John Howie:
- Mr. David Alexander, Depute Director of Education, Strathclyde Regional Council.
- Mr. Richard Bisset, Headteacher, Kemnay Academy, Aberdeenshire.
- Mr. Thomas Burness, Principal, Glenrothes and Buckhaven Technical College, Fife.
- Mr. Ronald Crawford, Academic Registrar, University of Strathclyde and Executive Secretary, Universities of Scotland Standing Conference.
- Mrs. Dorothy Dalton, Chief Executive, Scottish Community Education Council.
- Dr. John Gow, Secretary General, The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Mrs. Deirdre Hutton.
- Professor Ian Lockerbie, Department of Educational Policy and Development, University of Stirling.
- Mr. James McVittie, Headteacher, St. Ninian's High School, Eastwood, Renfrewshire.
- Professor Ian Marrian, Director of Education, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland.
- Mr. David Meek, Assistant Headteacher, Boclair Academy, Bearsden.
- Mr. Robert Nimmo, Rector, High School of Dundee.
- Mrs. Jennifer Rees, Head of Management Studies Department, Scottish College of Textiles, Galashiels.
- Mr. David Semple, Director of Education, Lothian Regional Council.
- Mr. James Thompson, Principal Teacher of Mathematics, High School of Stirling.
- Sir John Thomson, former member of Her Majesty's Diplomatic Service.
- Dr. Gordon Wilson, Principal, Craigie College of Education.
- Professor John Woodward, Vice Principal, Paisley College of Technology.